Sunday, November 14, 2010

2008 Turkey Flat Vineyards Rose

I decided to try and make a healthy dinner for Clay and I one night, so I made pan seared tilapia, sauteed spinach and couscous with zucchini. I had wine, Clay did not. He said that having wine sort-of negated a healthy dinner... what a buzz kill! : )
So, I picked something I knew he'd turn his nose up to, a Rose (it really bothers me that I have no idea how to put the accent mark on the e!). I'm sure I've probably had a Rose at some point in my life, but I really have no recollection of it! So, for all intents and purposes, this was my first!

This particular Rose was 63% Grenache, 18% Shiraz, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Dolcetto.
2008 Turkey Flat Vineyards Rose
Barossa Valley, Australia
Date tasted: 11/8/10
Purchased at: Shiraz wine store
Price: regularly $16.99, this month $13.99
Rating: 8
just trying to show the color
Coral colored and very clear. Really good and very dry. I don't really get any fruit flavors, but I'm probably off on that. I think I was expecting it to be somewhat sweet, but it really wasn't sweet at all!
Smells fruity (but not sweet), smells yummy (that's helpful, right!?), slight grassy smell.
Seems acidic maybe. Really can't decide how it tastes, but it's really good!

Would definitely buy again!
*Note: I made this note the next day: Wasn't as good the 2nd day... that's disappointing!
I can't decide if that affects my rating and overall opinion... guess I'll just have to try it again! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment